The University of Mississippi Medical Center's ACT Center for Tobacco Treatment, Education and Research is hosting a CTTS workshop October 15-19 in Jackson. This TTS Training Program has received a Certificate of Accreditation 2011 – 2016 from the Council on Tobacco Treatment Training Programs (CTTTP) in collaboration with the Association for the Treatment of Tobacco Use and Dependence (ATTUD).
Offered since 2000, this workshop is designed to provide an in-depth understanding of key considerations needed to deliver an evidence-based, high-intensity intervention program for tobacco dependence. The program employs both didactic and hands-on experiences to promote the learning of necessary information and skills. This curriculum has been nationally accredited by the Council on Tobacco Treatment Training Programs (CTTTP), and meets the standards set forth by the Association for the Treatment of Tobacco Use and Dependence (ATTUD: www.attud.org). In the State of Mississippi, this workshop is required training for TTSs employed throughout our statewide tobacco treatment network.
This workshop is open to most professionals, and is geared towards healthcare professionals, such as physicians, dentists, psychologists, pharmacists, nurses, social workers, respiratory therapists, OTs, PTs, alcohol / addiction counselors, health / mental health counselors, asthma / diabetes educators, Quitline counselors, and others. There are specific background, experiential, and related requirements for those seeking certification.
Workshop features include:
- Training Modules: Interactive presentations addressing key content areas, and practice in delivering treatment components.
- Resources Provided: Workshop Manual (slides, exercises, bibliography, etc.); Therapist Manual, Participant Manual, Therapist Medication Guide, Intake Form, Treatment Session Tear Sheets. Each registrant receives sufficient materials to treat 5 individuals.
- Certification: For those meeting background / experiential requirements, there is access to our on-line examination. Certification is valid for 2 years, and is renewable based on documentation of adequate practice hours and CE credits. No additional charge.
- Other Benefits: CE credit (AMA Category I, Nursing, Dental, and General CEU: 33.5 hours; Pharmacy: 32.7 hours); breakfast (conference hotel registrants), lunch and refreshments each day. No additional charge.
- Optional Database: Available for an additional fee, we offer access to our online, secure Clinical Database for data storage, processing, and standardized reporting. User can download all data, and available syntax code permits the output of standard clinical outputs (intake reports, progress notes, etc.), and administrative reports (counts, demographics, appointment lists, quit rates, etc.).
General Registration is $550, $350 for Mississippi residents, $300 for students. An application form is available here. Click here for training location and accommodations.
For more information, contact Sue Lane at (601) 815-1912 or firstname.lastname@example.org.