I went to the Mississippi Society of Association Executives monthly meeting for lunch today. Jeffrey LeBoeuf, CAE, of Healthcare Innovators shared this list, that he modified with permission from a Top 10 List of Things for Osteopathic Executive Directors by Jon Wills, executive director of the Ohio Osteopathic Association.
Top 10 Lis of Things for Association Executive Directors to Remember
10. Believe in what you are doing.
9. Don't complain about your association or the national parent association.
8. Hire good people who challenge your opinions.
7. Treat every member like your boss.
6. Stay out of member politics.
5. Learn to be a master generalist.
4. Be a parallel thinker.
3. Remember, it's their association, not yours.
2. Give 100 percent of your effort but not 100 percent of your time.
1. Take risks.